Monday, June 15, 2009

My not-so-secret garden :)


I wanted to take pics before everything started growing but as is always the case, I didn't get around to it till much later. We have lettuce already grown and tomatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, peas, corn, carrots, and cucumbers that are thriving in the compost, peat moss, and vermiculite that we mixed ourselves.

I've always loved planting flowers and vegetables and watching them grow. It gives me a certain kind of satisfaction that makes me feel one with myself, my grandma (who loved to grow things), and with the Lord. I know some of you will probably laugh but being part of the growing process is very spiritual and very healthy for me. It's wonderful therapy.

Here's a picture of the plants before any of the fruits have developed. More to come.

5 comments:

Mindika said...

Jenny, I had no idea you had a blog. I'm glad you found my recipe blog. You'll have to send me your email and I'll invite you to our private family blog.

Way to go on the garden! I'm impressed. I decided not to do one this year. I'm kind of regretting that decision now that I see everyone's beautiful gardens. You are the amazing one.

Mauri said...

I love planting a garden too! We were finally able to do it this year and it is so much fun!

Melissa said...

youre such a dork. lol. either way, its incredibly impressive!!

Rosie said...

oh that looks great! totally jealous. I'll get on the ball next planting season...which for me might be October ;)

Jodi said...

We made a planter box this year too. However, it is not anywhere near as nice as that one. I am super impressed.

Love that you have a blog! I will definitely check often.