Tuesday, the 16th, was our futile attempt to see the Disney Christmas Carol train. After arriving, amidst utter chaos, (I don't think the marketing people knew how many people would show up for something in Utah that is FREE and Disney!) we were told we'd have to wait in a 3 1/2 hour line to get onto a stationary train. Yeah, I don't think so! We had some kids that were disappointed but they were pretty good; they didn't want to wait in that line either!
We saw a little train that appeared to be giving people rides, so we get in line and waited for an hour. This little tiny train, which was actually the shuttle from Union Station over to FrontRunner, took us over to FrontRunner, and when the conductor told us to exit, I said in my best Bill King voice, "Yeah, I don't think so, all of our cars are over at Union Station, we're NOT getting off here. Nobody is getting off, so if you'd kindly take us back over to Union Station, that would be great, thanks!" He just looked at me and hurried and shut the train door, muttered under his breath that there wasn't anybody to pick up at that stop anyway, and quickly got back on the train.
So we drove all the way to Ogden for another little ride and some pics on the big trains and a little water in the fountain. It's all good. You win some, you lose some right!?! Oh and there were warm doughnuts waiting for us when we got back to my car. What could be better than that!
I forgot to mention that the kids got these little backpacks and some Jonas Brothers necklaces too. Yippee!
One more thing of note, in our quest to see what the fuss was all about, I ask some guy with an American Family Insurance shirt on, 'What's the deal here, what are we supposed to do?' He says, 'Well you get on the train, and there's some really cool stuff all about Charles Dickenson." What, you gotta be kidding me, get a brain guy! I knew we were in trouble right then.
Sam's assignment: take pictures of something unusual
2 comments:
charles dickenson??? you heard that too? i puzzled all day about that. perhaps he was confusing emily dickenson with the famed cannonized poet, charles dickens. for reals? you have got to be kidding me. but the jonas brothers necklaces were a big hit, so i guess that counts. great pics by the way! job well done to sam! i am still glad we went and had an adventure, even if it was slightly ridiculous. i loved that angry conductor when all of the moms sitting on the train just sat there and stared at him. great.
Love those pictures. I especially like the cute red back pack picture. Good Job Sam!
Post a Comment