Sunday, June 14, 2009

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang


I have some of the coolest friends on earth. My friend Mauri called me yesterday afternoon and said that they had an extra ticket for Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and asked if I would like to go with them. I had no idea it was playing at Capitol Theater. I, of course, said yes! (I was having a cozy little nap on a rainy Saturday afternoon so I had to hurry up and get all pretty to go. Good thing my phone woke me up!)

We went to a yummy pizza place, NYPD Pizza, reminiscent of NYC, and then we drove up to Capitol Theater.

Capitol Theater is one of favorite places on earth. I have so many fond memories there. Seeing The Nutcracker there as a little girl and as a big girl, watching Les Miserables a couple of times, being there to see Kit strut her stuff in the teen model fashion show, singing as one the monks in Carmina Burana while in the Acapella choir in college, and definitely remembering how we stood outside the theater, hoping for our names to be drawn in the lottery for Wicked. It is a wonderful old theater full of mystery and charm. In my imagination and my dreams, I have the voice to be able to be the one singing and dancing on stage. (Maybe in another life!)

Chitty Chitty did not let me down. It was fabulous. The performers were very talented. I especially loved the little children who played Jeremy and Jermina Potts. They were unbelievable. I am always in awe of children in the theater who can sing and act as if it's nobodies business. The actor who did Caractacus Potts was also very charming and did a wonderful job. It was so fun.

Thanks again to Mauri and Tiff for inviting me. You guys know how much I love the theater!

1 comment:

Mauri said...

Thanks for coming! I needed that night out!