The Princess Festival is an interactive adventure put on by a non-profit organization here in Orem. They support some villages down in Kenya and so in order to raise money they put on this festival once a year for girls 4-12. I am volunteering this year so my girls can go. I just have to dress up in my princess dress and help with registration, which I will be doing next week on Tuesday and Thursday. I loved dressing up as a kid and so I love making costumes. The one I am wearing is from a Shakespearean Era. I made it several years ago but somehow I always end up getting it out for Halloween. It's my favorite. So when I found out that I could wear it again by helping out at the princess festival, I was all over that!
I got so excited about my girls going to the festival that I decided to make them new princess dresses. I'm almost done with Mary's dress, and I'll post the picture. Creating something with my sewing machine, fabric, and my imagination and a pattern here and there, gets me so excited. I was working on it yesterday and mom called me while I was working on it, she asked me how I was doing, and I said 'FABULOUS!' She was really surprised. I guess I answer the phone too many times and I'm down and depressed. It was awesome to answer that I am doing fabulous!
3 comments:
So much fun! I wish they let littler girls go, Aria would love it so much! Isn't sewing and creating the best?! I've been doing some alterations and stuff for other people lately and I want to hurry and get them done so I can move on to some projects of my own. It's nice to see you are back in blog land. :)
So so cute. I can't imagine doing something so fun when I was little. Oh to be a real princess. Way to go!
by the way, the flower pots look great!
Post a Comment