Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Ten things I learned today.

Oh to be young again...

1) My son loves me. Sometimes after he gets put to bed over at his dad's house, he'll call me because he has a phone in his room. Tonight he called and said, 'mom I just hate to leave you because I worry about you. I want to be with you because I want to take care of you and make sure you are ok. Dad, is a big person and he can take care of himself and I know you are a big person too but you're my mom and I want to make sure that you are ok and I just worry about you.' He is so precious! I'm so thankful that I had a son first. Now I know that no matter how big or old I get, he'll want to take care of me. How lucky am I! (I will rue the day he falls in love. She better like me!)

2) My friends love me. Today on Facebook, I was involved in a conversation with several of my friends about a tender subject, for a minute there emotions started to run high. One of these friends called me to make sure she hadn't offended me (I totally hadn't been at all). But I appreciate so much the fact that she called to make sure I was ok. I have the best friends on the planet.

3) Getting stung by a wasp REALLY hurts. I found a free patio set online at ksl.com. It just needs some TLC and some new staining and it'll look great. As I was loading the chairs into my car, a little wasp got me right between my thumb and pointer finger. It hurt bad and the lady I was getting the patio set got me some ice which was really nice of her. A little sting wasn't too much of a price to pay for a nice teak patio table with six chairs. (Maybe I was taking his home away.)
Here is the latest project.



4) Sometimes a person just has to let her kids build a fort with the dining room table and leave it up all day and night so they can keep playing with it the next time they come. Enough said. Oh, and letting them eat mac n' cheese and spaghettios in the fort makes them SO happy! (I borrowed Serena's camera for a little bit, hence the picture.)

5) Snuggling with my kids is one of my favorite things. I love the softness of their cheeks, their wonderful hands and feet, little arms that give tight hugs, and the kind words that come from their voices.

6) Hearing my children plink on the piano keys when their piano teacher comes every Wednesday morning. Even if they complain, I'm still going to make them take piano. It's so worth the $20 each week.

7) I really despise when dry yellow patches of grass appear on my lawn. It just ticks me off. I need a lesson in sprinkler systems.

8) I'm grateful for visiting teachers who like to go to dinner. It's starting to become a monthly habit. So fun! I have the best visiting teachers in the ward!

9) I need to learn to talk more positive to myself. One friend told me to give the negative voice a name. So I am going to do that. I can think of A LOT of names!

10) I will not let the adversary win. He does not have control over me and never will. End of story.

Until next time.

3 comments:

Mauri said...

Oh, Sam is the sweetest kid! Hunter won't let me hug him now and it breaks my heart. I love your blog and your honesty. I hope you are doing good and I hope to see you soon!

Jodi said...

I love that Sam calls you. Such a cute boy. I wish I had Visiting Teachers like yours! They have never been in over a year. Boo.

Anonymous said...

Jenny, loved your list! You are such a wonderful mom to your kids. How cute that Sam worries about you!!

Love you!