Last night was our neighborhood 4th of July party and this is our 2nd year attending. There were probably about 450 people that showed up for food, fun, children's parade, the folk band, and fireworks. It was great to be outside, despite it raining on and off, with everyone in our neighborhood. There were snow cones, face stamping, fish pond, and popcorn for the kids. They loved it. Before it started my kids were starving so Sam was first in line, which was a good thing! The line was so long! We got to see lots of old friends who were also invited, and that was awesome.
I'm so grateful for our country, for the freedoms we are blessed with, for the opportunities that are ours because of this great land that we live in. I'm grateful for all the people, family, and friends that we get to share our lives with. I'm grateful for the safety which I feel living in this wonderful neighborhood. I'm grateful for the sunshine and the rain this year. I'm most especially grateful for my children, for their love, their smiling faces, and the wonderful people that they are becoming!
Happy 4th of July everyone!
3 comments:
What a great slice of Americana. How fun! you guys look darling. Happy 4th of July to you all!
Wow, you are becoming the blogging queen! Sounds like a really fun night. Did you make the girls' dresses? Hope to see you soon! Have a Happy Fourth!
gorgeous pic on top! i love it. we loved having you up for dinner on friday night :)
Post a Comment