Saturday, January 17, 2009

When we're helping, we're happy, and we sing as we go...

I had another 'first' today. Taught Sam how to do his own laundry! He stripped his own bed, loaded the sheets and a few dirty shirts and things into the washer, turned it on, added the soap and shut the lid! Can I just tell you how wonderful that is!!! After nine years of taking care of every little itsy bitsy detail of his life...he can now do his own laundry! Wow, I'm really ecstatic, can you tell? ;)

Although, the day for him to leave on his mission is 9 years away, it'll fly by so fast. I keep telling him that I'm not going to be able to go on his mission with him just to fold his blanky the way he likes it. And he laughs and laughs. But oh I will miss him so. I already miss him so much on the nights he goes to his dad's house. What will I do when he's gone for two years? Wow, I'm already getting sad about that. Now is the time to savor each minute. I can't believe my baby boy is 9.

Took the kids to see Hotel For Dogs tonight. They all loved it but at one point in the show, all three of them were crying...I have some very sensitive children with huge hearts. I love them all so much. I am one lucky mom! TTFN. (For we love to help mother, for we all love her so!)

5 comments:

Rosie said...

Wow - Jack doing his own laundry?! what a wonderful thought. :)

Mauri said...

So cute! I love that he laughs at your commenting of folding his blankie instead of rolling his eyes. The rolling eyes thing would be from my children. Good for you! Isn't it nice when kids start to pitch in to help and take on some responsibility?!

Anonymous said...

Very impressive Jenny. WOW!! I guess I need to get started on showing my kiddos how washers work!! So cute that you are already sad about the 2 year mission thing........

Melissa said...

what was the little burrito thing he used to make you tuck around him at night? awe, he was a two year old, like, 3 weeks ago i swear. i just love that you are blogging!!

Maria said...

That will be a wonderful day when my kids can do laundry!
So you liked Hotel for Dogs? I've been trying to figure out if my 3-yr old would sit through it...